Q: I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, can I eat your products? 
A: That depends on the results of your FODMAP challenge. If you passed the Sorbitol and Mannitol challenges, you should be able to. However, we suggest starting with small doses, as they are fermentable natural sugars, they can have a laxative effect like fibre. We can recommend a university-qualified nutritionist that specialises in the Low FODMAP diet that can help with your IBS

Q: How do you calculate the postage cost for my order? 
A: We use Australia Post satchels to send to all states outside of our own (NSW) & the ACT.  The cost of postage includes the satchel, packaging, signature on delivery for all orders other than those sent to PO boxes (these are sent with tracking but don't require a signature). Many orders will also include insurance. During the warmer months we send by Express Post only.

Q: Why doesn't my Express Post order get to me the next day when  I live in a metro area? 
A:We are in country NSW, so we cannot send Express Post Next Day Delivery as we are outside the network area. We also cannot use Sydney to Melbourne discounted Express metro satchels. 

Q: Do you ship internationally?
A: Unfortunately we do not, as the cost of sending heat sensitive products is prohibitive. 

Q: Are your products Halal or Kosher certified? 
A:  We are not a company that manufactures any sugar free products, but a retailer that carries a few different brands. 
Sugarless Confectionery separates it's Halal products from their normal range. 
Cavalier certifies both Halal and Kosher. 
Caring Candies uses Halal and Kosher certification for their products. 
Xyloburst does not certify it's products on any religious basis. 

Q: How much xylitol can I have and are there any health effects for humans? 

A: Xylitol is generally well tolerated, but some people do get digestive side effects when they consume too much.  The sugar alcohols can pull water into the intestine or get fermented by gut bacteria.This can lead to gas, bloating and diarrhoea. However, the body seems to adjust very well to xylitol. If you increase your intake slowly and give your body time to adjust, then chances are that you won’t experience any negative effects. If you’re not sure that you can tolerate sugar alcohols, then consider staying near a toilet the first time you eat a significant amount. That being said, long-term consumption of xylitol is safe, except if you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), then you should consider avoiding them altogether. 

Q: Is xylitol safe around my pets? 
Xylitol is perfectly safe for people, but because of different metabolisms, it can be fatal for dogs and cats.  Ingestion of xylitol by cats & dogs primarily affects insulin release throughout the body. Insulin causes an increase of glucose (blood sugar) uptake into the liver, muscle, and fat cells resulting in decreasing blood glucose levels. Xylitol strongly promotes the release of insulin from the pancreas into circulation leading to a rapid decrease of blood glucose levels. Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can occur within 30 to 60 minutes of xylitol ingestion with levels as low as 0.1g xylitol /kg body weight. Hypoglycemia may compound further into liver toxicity, liver damage, and ultimately liver failure. Ingesting amounts of xylitol greater than 0.5 g xylitol /kg body weight increases the risk for developing liver toxicity. A simple piece of gum or mint could kill an animal if the danger is unknown and not addressed immediately.

Q: What are the signs my dog might have eaten xylitol?
A: Immediately after ingestion, vomiting may occur. Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) develops within 30 to 60 minutes, resulting in lethargy and weakness. These signs may quickly develop into ataxia (trouble walking), collapse, and seizures. Prolonged blood clotting times as well as skin and intestinal hemorrhaging are clinical signs that may develop within hours and warrant a very poor prognosis.

Q: What do I do if I think my dog has eaten xylitol? What is the treatment and prognosis? Answer: If xylitol ingestion occurs, consult your veterinarian immediately. Inducing vomiting to remove the xylitol is imperative, but close monitoring of blood sugar levels and intravenous infusions of glucose (sugar) may also be needed depending on the amount ingested and how quickly the problem was recognised. The prognosis for dogs with hypoglycemia is good with immediate and proper treatment, while the prognosis for dogs that have developed liver toxicity is poor. Large ingestions of xylitol (a relatively small amount of the product) that are not caught immediately can result in fulminant liver failure and death despite aggressive supportive care. This can occur in less than 36 hours in dogs that are otherwise young and healthy.

Payment options:  Transfer/deposit to our CommBank business account  Pin Payments credit card processing    Pin Payment accepted credit cards